The canal house on the edge of the German city of Friedrichstadt was built in 1649 by Dutch craftsmen as part of the establishment of the new settlement. Now listed, the building will undergo a substantial renovation that will reflect the original spirit of its construction

Its interior refurbishment will make the house habitable for contemporary life, while at the same time articulating its historical heritage through the careful restoration of key elements of the house

 

The canal house on the edge of the German city of Friedrichstadt was built in 1649 by Dutch craftsmen as part of the establishment of the new settlement. Now listed, the building will undergo a substantial renovation that will reflect the original spirit of its construction

Its interior refurbishment will make the house habitable for contemporary life, while at the same time articulating its historical heritage through the careful restoration of key elements of the house

 

The canal house on the edge of the German city of Friedrichstadt was built in 1649 by Dutch craftsmen as part of the establishment of the new settlement. Now listed, the building will undergo a substantial renovation that will reflect the original spirit of its construction

Its interior refurbishment will make the house habitable for contemporary life, while at the same time articulating its historical heritage through the careful restoration of key elements of the house

 

The canal house on the edge of the German city of Friedrichstadt was built in 1649 by Dutch craftsmen as part of the establishment of the new settlement. Now listed, the building will undergo a substantial renovation that will reflect the original spirit of its construction

Its interior refurbishment will make the house habitable for contemporary life, while at the same time articulating its historical heritage through the careful restoration of key elements of the house

 

The canal house on the edge of the German city of Friedrichstadt was built in 1649 by Dutch craftsmen as part of the establishment of the new settlement. Now listed, the building will undergo a substantial renovation that will reflect the original spirit of its construction

Its interior refurbishment will make the house habitable for contemporary life, while at the same time articulating its historical heritage through the careful restoration of key elements of the house